Guess what day it is?
It’s Wednesday and that means we’ve almost made it through the work week!
Alright, so let’s discuss this morning about self-improvement. We should always be striving to be better and become the best version of ourselves possible. Why? Simply because when we settle for mediocrity we tap out on our full potential and have no faith in ourselves that the best is till yet to come.
“Be great at what you do, and don’t ever settle for mediocrity or else you will always wonder how great you could have been.”
Self Improvement by definition means; improvement of one’s mind, character, etc through one’s own efforts.Maybe you already have an idea as to what you can do to aid your personal growth and maybe you don’t. Today, I’ll give you 5 ideas that may help to get you started:
- Enhance your skills- become better at what you do. Attend some classes in your field of work or even for a hobby you enjoy. Test yourself and try something totally out of your realm of knowledge or comfort zone. You may fall in love with something new, uncover skills you never knew you had, or gain new insight.
- Make To-Do lists- this will make you conscious of your tasks and help you stay productive. Maybe I am just a freak but I thoroughly enjoy checking tasks off my list. I love the feeling of productivity and lists help me because I have a terrible memory (thanks, Dad!).
- Overcome your fears- fears perfectly sum up the area in which we need to address providing the perfect opportunity for growth. Figure out ways that will help you conquer your fears and take baby steps if you need to in order to accomplish the goal.
- Own your flaws- I am sorry I may break some people’s hearts…but we all have flaws, no one is perfect. Shocking, I know. Start out by writing down your strengths and weaknesses, pick out one of those weaknesses and focus on it, figure out how you’ll turn that weakness into a strength. For myself, I know I have zero patience but I also know that I am very precise/methodical. Due to my precise nature, I understand where my lack of patience comes from and I am trying to play the two against each other and allowing myself to become more flexible in an attempt to cultivate patience.
- 12-12-12 Method- I found this on our Rainbow Intl Corporate blog and wanted to share it with you. This easy and quick method will help you organize 36 items in a short amount of time. First, find 12 items that need to be thrown out. Then pick 12 items that you will give away; finally, choose 12 items that need to be put away. This is a quick way to help your kids clean their rooms too. Also, a great technique to help give back which is the ultimate gift.
Ultimately, improving ourselves can be very hard but incredibly necessary. If you think you can’t benefit from improving yourself, you’re wrong. There’s always something to improve on, a goal to achieve, an obstacle to conquer. If you can dream it, you can do it.
One more thought for the day. It is OK for you to have everything you want. Question is, how are you going to get it?
Don’t settle but also be grateful. -Arika Colello